NOTES OF INTEREST:

Just Crochet/Craft Idea's: It's been a very long time since I have posted anything to my Blog. Due to family and life in general, I got a little detoured. I will try to get time to type up some new entries. I have created a lot of items, gave them away and did not take pictures or type them up. We lost both of our boys this year. Jiggy in March and Stubby in July. We have a new friend her name is MayBee (due to the fact that we weren't quite sure about keeping her). She's 4 years old and full of energy. I make her Kitty Strings with yarn, it was such a hit, I donated some to the local animal shelter. I'll try to put them on the Blog next week. As usual, if you have questions about crafting or crochet, I will answer them under the post where you leave the comment. Thanks for stopping by. Birdie



News of interest and/or Fun:
All your yarn web sites have Free patterns and great yarn buys. So check them out. My favorite finds to date are Red Heart Yarns, Lion Brand and Lilly Sugar & Cream Cotton. Also don't forget the craft stores, like Michael's or Joann's, they also have free patterns in their yarn section and some great books for sale.

Also GO TO... ALL FREE CROCHET or FAVE CRAFTS, They always have new Free e-books and lots of patterns and crafty things. and remember they also have ALL FREE KNITTING too!



Sunday, May 29, 2011

What a Gourd Idea!

Just searched the internet for gourd ideas and they had some really great tips on growing, cleaning and using gourds. My daughter just sent me a whole box of clean ready to cut and paint gourds that she grew. According to favecrafts, if you grow your own, don't plant them again in the same spot next time, because they deplete the minerals, etc. from the soil. Good to know, because I'm going to start trying to grow my own. So I'm assuming, rich soil! My daughter is so crafty and a natural artist. I am posting a picture here of gourds grown and made by her for me. I thought these would be very good ideas for someone out there, looking for ideas.
I use the gourds to model my pictures for my crochet hats, etc. They also make great cookie jars, or jars for parts in the craft room.
Here's my daughters Gourd renditions: The snowman is painted and decked out with a hat, scarf, button, etc. The other two gourds are bird houses, the blue one has beautiful flowers painted on with puffy paint and the other red one is decoupaged and painted red. Great ideas, hope you enjoy them.
If you want to try your own skills at gourd crafting;

These are good places to start to learn how to grow, clean and come up with some very special ways to use your gourds:


Growing: http://www.foothillsfarm.com/ginnysgourds/growingtips/growingtips.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment